Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a great easy weeknight dinner and is easily a one-dish meal. I usually serve this with a side of pickled beets and/or rye bread/rolls.
- 16 ounces frozen pierogi (I like to use Mrs. T's brand)
- 4 ounces deli corned beef, sliced thin and chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained well
- 1⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (shredded or sliced thin)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil; add pierogies and cook for about 5 minutes or until they float.
- Drain and transfer pierogies into a greased 10 inch round baking dish.
- Layer on top of the pierogies: corned beef, sauerkraut, dressing and end with the swiss cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until pierogies are hot and cheese melts.
Had some pierogis to use and a really bad reuben craving. This was a simple dish to make and tasted great. Can't go wrong with this one.