Recipe by kellib626
This is one of my husband's favorite meals--he loves Reuben sandwiches! He found this recipe years ago. It makes a large meatloaf and is very filling.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft rye breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients--mix well.
- Crumble beef over mixture. On foil, pat meat mixture into 14 x 10 rectangle.
- Spread with dressing, top with sauerkraut and 1/2 cup of the swiss cheese.
- Roll up into a log lengthwise--seal the seams.
- Place into a large baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes--near end of baking top with remaining 1/2 cup of swiss cheese and bake until melted.