Recipe by gwynn
If you like sauerkraut and corned beef you will like this meatloaf. It is very yummy. From: Recipe-Source
Top Review by Granny Connie
My original rating (5 stars) did not include any coments, so here they are..... It took a little extra time to make, but if you like corned beef and sauerkraut, do try it. I used leftover cooked corned beef, but canned should taste about the same. Also, I used ground turkey instead of beef. My DH loved it and wants me to make it again soon.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sauerkraut
- 1 ounce corned beef, chopped (from can)
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except last 3 in medium bowl.
- Press 1/2 of mixture in bottom of loaf pan.
- Make slight indentation, lengthwise down center of meatloaf.
- Combine all the filling mixture and put in indentation.
- Top with remaining meat mixture, pressing to enclose filling and sealing edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.