Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My husband loves reuben anything. Here is a meatloaf interpretation of his favorite sandwich.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked corned beef
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1 cup rye breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup well-drained sauerkraut
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup prepared thousand island dressing
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; in a skillet, heat the oil; cook the onion and carrot over med-low heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Cut the corned beef into pieces and finely chop in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly combine the ground chuck, bread crumbs, sauerkraut, cheese, ¼ cup Thousand Island dressing, mustard, pepper, egg, cooked vegetables, and corned beef.
- Pat mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking pan; spread the top with remaining ¼ cup dressing.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until meatloaf is firm and top is browned; let stand in pan 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares.