Recipe by beckerd
I've been making this for quite a while. I always liked it because it uses pastrami instead of the normal corned beef.It has sort of a strong mustard taste, so you may want to tone that down by cutting the 1 Tbsp down to a 1/2 Tbsp if you prefer.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 ounces deli pastrami, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the egg,ketchup, bread crumbs, and salt.
- Crumble the beef over the mixture and mix well;set aside.
- In a bowl,combine pastrami, sauerkraut,cheese, sour cream and mustard.
- Press a third of the mixture into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Top with half of pastrami mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink;drain.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.