Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the South Beach Diet cookbook. This is a phase 1 recipe.
Make and share this Reuben Lettuce Wrap - South Beach Diet recipe from Food.com.
- Open the lettuce or cabbage leaf on a plate.
- Place cheese on the leaf and top with pastrami.
- Spread mustard or dressing onto pastrami.
- Add coleslaw or sauerkraut.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
We loved these lettuce wraps for a nice, light lunch. I used Romaine lettuce, instead of iceberg, which didn't roll very well due to the thick midrib, but this was no fault of the recipe. Also, I used stone ground mustard and coleslaw mix. These go together very quickly and easily and I will definitely make these again.
i had everything available from a week end party, what a great way to use them