Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves Reuben's, so this is a fave munchie around here. It is also good served with crackers if you don't want to do the whole bread thing. Great party food!!
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 8 (2 cup) ouncesshredded swiss cheese
- 8 ounces deli corned beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 (1 lb) loafunsliced pumpernickel bread or 1 (1 lb) loaf rye bread or 1 (1 lb) loaf sourdough bread
- fresh vegetables (, celery, carrots, cukes, etc.)
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except bread and veggies.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut thin, lengthwise slice off of top of bread.
- Hollow out center of bread, reserving bread to use for dipping, and leaving 1-inch shell.
- fill with dip.
- Serve with reserved bread and veggie dippers.
We all love Ruebens, so I am really sorry to say that we did not care for this very much. We had game night at my mom's on Saturday. There were 5 of us. My sister-in-law took this from my recipes I had printed out and brought it. She followed the recipe exactly. Everyone tried it and no one rated it above a 1 star, except me. I felt it was worth 3, so I decided to hit in the middle and give 2. I felt it would've been better warm, since I've never had a cold Rueben sandwich. My mom tried a bit of it heated in the microwave and said it was a little better that way, but she wanted no more. I thank you for the opportunity to try your recipe, but unfortunately it just wasn't for us.
Delicious! I can't believe I'm the first one to give this recipe a rating and that no one has done so yet. I took this to a picnic and it got rave reviews and everyone wanted the recipe. A great party dip that is different from the regular spinach dip usually served out of the round loaf. This dip is chunky; more like a spread. I omitted the caraway seeds, due to personal preference and used a rye loaf. You've got to try this!!! Thanks for posting this gem, Manda!