Recipe by Hugce
These are quick and easy. I sometimes use the party rye ...they make great appetizers
Top Review by Little Bee
I love Reubans and make them often so I wanted to try a differnt recipe than my own. I loved the fact that these are served open faced! I did not like the addition of pickle relish or the sugar. It made it way to sweet for our liking. I will try this method without though and re review. Thanks
- 6 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 6 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread and spread each with 1 teaspoon butter, then with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Distribute corned beef evenly on bread slices.
- Place under broiler until heated through.
- Mix drained sauerkraut with sugar, caraway seeds and relish.
- Divide sauerkraut evenly onto corned beef.
- Arrange a slice of swiss cheese on top of each.
- Return to broiler and heat just until cheese melts.