Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe for juicy he-man sandwiches on the web.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 rye bagels, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Form the sausage into 4 patties.
- Fry the patties in a skillet over medium heat until cooked and brown, about 5 minutes on each side then drain on paper toweling.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sauerkraut, caraway seeds, brown sugar & mustard in small saucepan; heat until hot.
- Spread two bagel halves with the dressing, spoon half the sauerkraut onto two bagel halves; top each with two sausage patties, the remaining sauerkraut, cheese and the remaining bagel halves.
- Wrap each bagel in aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve hot.