Recipe by seesko
I found this recipe on another site and had to put it here for safe keeping. It looks amazing.
Top Review by appleydapply
Excellent! I made it with the indoor method, turning 3 times during the 12 minutes I left it under the broiler. It was a delicious, easy lunch. I think the calorie count might be off because it's counting perhaps 4 whole loaves of sourdough bread and then dividing by 4? For the ingredients I used, this was not more than 400 or 500 calories even with the dressing.
- 4 large beef hot dogs
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 12 slices deli pastrami
- 4 sourdough bread or 4 French rolls, halved horizontally and toasted
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 1 cup prepared sauerkraut
- thousand island dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Spread each frank on all sides with 1 teaspoon mustard. Wrap three slices of the pastrami around each frank.
- Grill pastrami-wrapped franks on hot oiled grill. Cook for 12 to 16 minutes or until heated through turning frequently. Serve franks hot on toasted French rolls with sliced cheese and sauerkraut. Top with Thousand Island salad dressing.
- INDOOR METHOD: Prepare franks as directed. Preheat broiler. Place franks on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Cook 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 12 to 16 minutes turning frequently. Serve as directed.