Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice dip for a crockette. Serve with bagel chips, cocktail rye bread, or your favorite dippers.
- 14 ounces sauerkraut
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces dried beef
- 3 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut.
- Mix with cream cheese and Swiss cheese.
- Add diced corned beef and Thousand Island dressing.
- Heat on low setting until all cheeses are melted; stirring occasionally.
Great stuff! In case of any leftovers they are fab filling for rye bread. By the way, we don't get any corned beef here in Europe, so I always sub it with salted beef from deli, which seems to work really well for me anyway.
Fantastic!! I took this to a birthday party to serve to no less than 75 people! I served it out of my mini crock, on cocktail rye bread. I did add some horseradish to the recipe, otherwise, made it just as stated. When I went to clean out my mini crockpot to take it home, the dip was GONE!!! Huge Hit, and delicious!!! This is my new favorite appetizer!! Thanks for posting, Nonnie4Two!!!
This is great stuff and it's so easy to make. I made it on the stove in a saucepan over low heat. I added some finely chopped onion and garnished with some caraway seeds. We dipped with rye Triscuits. I'm going to make this often. Thanx for the recipe.