Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had these appetizers recently at a potluck and the hostess was nice enough to share the recipe with me. (Thx Ginger)
- 8 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cocktail franks
- Rinse sauerkraut and squeeze dry; mince by hand or in food processor.
- Mix in Thousand Island dressing; set aside.
- Separate each can of crescent rolls into 4 rectangles; roll out on a lightly floured board and cut each evenly into 4 rectangles (16 per tube of crescent rolls).
- The rectangles should be wide enough to lay a cocktail sausage across the short end and leave a slight overlap, so you might need to pat each one a little with your fingers to make wider.
- On each rectangle, place about 1 scant teaspoon of the sauerkraut mixture then sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Top with a cocktail sausage.
- Roll up, tucking ends in; pinch ends to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Makes 32 bite-sized appetizers.