Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious, creamy soup that's great on a cold winter day. I got this recipe from friends in Hays, KS, a Volga German community filled with good cooks!
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded swiss cheese (fat free if desired)
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and snipped into short strands
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey Polish kielbasa or 1 (14 ounce) package turkey Polish kielbasa or 12 ounces corned beef
- In saucepan, mix milk, soup and cheese.
- Add sauerkraut,cover, and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add turkey sausage or corned beef.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until hot.
- You can serve this with toasted, buttered rye bread sprinkled with caraway seeds, if desired.
I made this because hubby loves rueben sandwiches so I figured he might like this. We both enjoyed it and it was nice to try something different. I really didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
I made this simply because it was so unique. I had many people say they liked it, and a couple that thought it was o.k., thus my rating. I didn't try it, so the rating is based on others comments. A very easy recipe to throw together. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.
This recipe sounded so strange I had to try it. It was much better then I expected but nothing I'd care to make again. If I were to make it again I think I'd use less sauerkraut.