Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great hearty meal!
- 20 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 1⁄4 ounces black olives, drained
- 6 ounces corned beef, shredded
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
QUICK MUSTARD SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mustard, prepared
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In ungreased 10 1/2" cast iron skillet, layer sauerkraut, tomato slices, salad dressing, olives and corned beef.
- Top with cheese; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat egg.
- Add buttermilk, milk and oil; mix well.
- Add remaining cornbread ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Pour over filling mixture in skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine all mustard sauce ingredients, blend well.
- Serve casserole with mustard sauce.