Recipe by Britt O's sweetie pie
I got this recipe from Taste of Home's Cooking for 2. I have made this many times and it is one of those real comfort foods. My DH loves this in the cold weather.
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 (2 ounce) packagethinly sliced corned beef
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cubed rye bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3 cup baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Layer with tomato wedges, salad dressing, corned beef and Swiss cheeses.
- Toss bread cubes and butter, sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.