Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Taste of Home's Cooking for 2. I have made this many times and it is one of those real comfort foods. My DH loves this in the cold weather.
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 (2 ounce) packagethinly sliced corned beef
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cubed rye bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3 cup baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Layer with tomato wedges, salad dressing, corned beef and Swiss cheeses.
- Toss bread cubes and butter, sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Not gourmet but delicious! Easy to make and very quick. Amazing how it tastes like the sandwich. Enjoyed by all.
Reubens are one of my favorite sandwiches, so naturally, I loved this recipe! It was quick to put together. I easily doubled the recipe and I'm glad that I did. Thanx for sharing the recipe.