Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make, saw it on a PBS local cooking show. I made for a St. Patrick's Day Brunch at work and it literally flew out of the pan. Everyone asked me for the recipe
- 1 bag sauerkraut, drained and rinsed and dry
- 1 lb of good deli corned beef, chipped
- 1 lb of good swiss cheese, sliced fairly thick
- thousand island dressing (amount to your liking)
- 3⁄4 loaf of day old rye bread, cut into fairly large cubes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (no substitutes)
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking pan sprayed with food release (ie Pam), layer first the sauerkraut, corned beef, thousand island dressing (try substituting a spicy brown mustard for the dressing), swiss cheese.
- Toss the cubed bread with the butter then place on top of the swiss cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Thank you so much for this post. My Dh loved it. We are big Reuben eaters. He gobbled it down in between bites he raved. I used Thousand Island Dressing Reuben Sauce What Have You Sauce #114916. He loved that too. I didn't change a thing i did cut the recipe down by 1/2 without a problem. Cooked it in a glass pie plate. It did fill 2 pie plates nicely (1 for mom), have to share something this good. I can't waite to cook another corned beef (just for the left overs,LOL) Thanks for the great recipe. Happy cooking! Jules211
Tastes very much like a Reuben Sandwich, but in easy casserole form. The rye bread makes for a deliciously crisp topping.