Recipe by getoutofmygalley
Quick, easy, warm and yummy. If you like the sandwich, you'll love this!
Top Review by wicked cook 46
This was so YUMMY. I cut the ingredients back to about half to make a smaller casserole and used a loaf style pan. Plus it so quick and easy to throw together. I think next time and there will be a next time LOL I will add some bread to the bottom to the bottom and then do the layers with maybe a layer of cheese on top of the meat. Thanks for positng a casserole recipes for one of my favorite sandwichs. Made for Pac Fall 2009
- 340.19 g corned beef, sliced
- 59.14 ml thousand island dressing
- 453.59 g canned sauerkraut, drained
- 226.79 g swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 slice rye bread, broken into pieces
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat bread pieces in the melted butter and set aside.
- Break up the corned beef into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Drizzle with thousand island dressing.
- Cover with the sauerkraut and then sprinkle a layer of the cheese.
- Top with tomatoes (you can leave these out, I think it adds a bit of color!).
- Cover with breadcrumbs and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.