Candace Michelle's Note:
I found a recipe once for a ham and swiss casserole, similar to the ever so popular ham and Swiss sandwich, but I just LOVE Reubens, so I changed it up to fit my favorite sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups diced roast beef (I use sandwich meat)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cram cream of potato soup
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 3/4 cup rye breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1In a large bowl combine roast beef, sauerkraut, soup, cheese, milk, and dressing.
- 2Pour mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 3In a small bowl stir together bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over beef mixture.
- 4Bake uncovered at 375°F for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 973.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: