Recipe by Candace Michelle
I found a recipe once for a ham and swiss casserole, similar to the ever so popular ham and Swiss sandwich, but I just LOVE Reubens, so I changed it up to fit my favorite sandwich!
- 2 cups diced roast beef (I use sandwich meat)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancram cream of potato soup
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 3⁄4 cup rye breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine roast beef, sauerkraut, soup, cheese, milk, and dressing.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl stir together bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for about 25 minutes.