Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My whole family loves this delicious recipe! It is easier to make Reuben Casserole than individual sandwiches for everybody, too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free thousand island salad dressing
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 12 slices dark rye bread, cubed, divided
- 1 lb sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs corned beef, sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- In a mixing bowl, stir together dressing, sour cream, and onions. Set aside.
- Arrange bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish, setting aside approximately 1 cup cubes for the top.
- Top the bread with a layer of sauerkraut, followed by a layer of corned beef.
- Spread dressing mixture over corned beef. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for about 10 minutes or until bubbly.
This was a great dinner tonight. I really enjoyed that it was easy to put together and tasty. I made the silly mistake of using swiss cheese slices instead of shredded and next time I will definitely use the shredded. Hoped to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow but no leftovers! Thanks for posting this easy version of an old classis. Made for PAC Spring 2008.