Recipe by I Love to Cook!
My whole family loves this delicious recipe! It is easier to make Reuben Casserole than individual sandwiches for everybody, too!
Top Review by TLu
This was a great dinner tonight. I really enjoyed that it was easy to put together and tasty. I made the silly mistake of using swiss cheese slices instead of shredded and next time I will definitely use the shredded. Hoped to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow but no leftovers! Thanks for posting this easy version of an old classis. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free thousand island salad dressing
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 12 slices dark rye bread, cubed, divided
- 1 lb sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs corned beef, sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, stir together dressing, sour cream, and onions. Set aside.
- Arrange bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish, setting aside approximately 1 cup cubes for the top.
- Top the bread with a layer of sauerkraut, followed by a layer of corned beef.
- Spread dressing mixture over corned beef. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for about 10 minutes or until bubbly.