1/3 Photos of Reuben Burger
If you like Sauerkraut you'll love this burger. Hey even if you don't this may get you loving it! The recipe is for one burger Just keep multiplying it for as many as you want. I like to serve this burger with a small lettuce Tomato Onion salad, mushrooms on the side and Baking stone oven fries. I made this burger tonight and really loved it - hope you'll try it and love it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces extra lean ground beef, divided into 2 patties (less if you want)
- salt and pepper, totaste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, to taste
- 1 -2 slice bacon, crisp fried
- 4 tablespoons grated swiss cheese or 1 slice cheese
- 1/2 cup wine-cured sauerkraut, well squeezed
- 3 canned jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 6 medium mushrooms, halved (optional)
- 1 burger bun
- 1Mix the salt, pepper and chili flakes into the hamburger, form two patties.
- 2Place cheese on one patty and put the other one on top, seal edges well.
- 3Fry the bacon until crisp, remove from pan, drain on a paper towel and drain grease from the pan leaving a bit of the bacon grease on the pan.
- 4Brown one side of the burger on high heat flip after 2 minutes, turn heat to medium, cover and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- 5Flip the burger, add Mushrooms to the pan, cover and continue cooking (total time approximately 12 minutes).
- 6Make room on the pan for the Kraut and brown it a bit heating it through during the last 2 minutes cooking time-keep it separate from the mushrooms.
- 7Meanwhile toast the inside of the bun, when the burger is cooked place patty in the bun, top with Kraut, bacon & Jalapenos.
- 8Serve mushrooms on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Burger
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 570.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 50.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: