Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From BHG. This is sort of reuben-like only there is no sauerkraut (which is ok by me because I don't love-love it).
- 6 cups cubed rye bread (about 8 slices)
- 12 ounces sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup bottled thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes, corned beef, and 1 cup Swiss cheese; spread mixture into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salad dressing, caraway seeds, dry mustard, and salt together; pour egg mixture over bread mixture, pressing slightly to thoroughly moisten bread.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° (preheated) for 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.