1 hr 10 mins
Pa. Hiker's Note:
This is great for a covered dish where you want to bring something really unique. A regular Reuben baked right into a loaf of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl combine 2-1/4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, butter, and salt.
- 2Stir in warm water until a soft dough is reach, adding only enough of the remaining flour as necessary.
- 3Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, kneading until smooth.
- 4Lightly grease a baking sheet and roll out the dough into a 14 x 10 in rectangle.
- 5Spread the dressing on the center third of the dough.
- 6Layer beef, cheese, and sauerkraut.
- 7Slide the edges of the dough every 1 in on both sides of the filling.
- 8Alternating sides fold the strips across the filling at an angle.
- 9Cover and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes while warming the over to 400°F.
- 10Brush the top with the egg whites, then bake for 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Bread
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 963.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g