Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Reuben sandwiches and also love bratwurst. This is a match made in heaven for me. From Betty Crocker.
- 12 ounces beer (may use nonalcoholic beer)
- 4 bratwursts, fresh, uncooked, about 1LB
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 4 buns, split (rye or whole wheat suggested)
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained (heated, if desired)
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat beer to boiling. Add bratwurst, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain bratwurst. Place on medium heated charcoal or gas grill. Cover grill and cook 5 to 10 minutes, turning once until brown.
- Spread dressing on cut sides of buns. Place bratwurst in buns, top with cheese and sauerkraut.
- Set oven control to broil. Place bratwurst on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat.
This was great! It's nice to try something a bit different now and then. This is very similar to a reuben, only not. I also love both brats and reubens. Thanks for a great recipe!