Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
In honor of November 2002 Ingredient of the Month: Sauerkraut!!! This recipe actually comes from www.tasteofhome.com and is noted as being by Erika Antolic of Vancouver, Washington.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups finely diced cooked corned beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed, well drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Bake the potatoes at 425°F for 45 minutes or until tender; cool.
- In a bowl, combine the corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, onions, garlic, horseradish and caraway.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out potatoes, leaving shells intact.
- Mash potatoes with cream cheese; stir into the corned beef mixture.
- Mound potato mixture into the shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Return to the oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.