Recipe by GinnyP
In honor of November 2002 Ingredient of the Month: Sauerkraut!!! This recipe actually comes from www.tasteofhome.com and is noted as being by Erika Antolic of Vancouver, Washington.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This recipe actually comes from www.tasteofhome.com and is noted as being by Erika Antolic of Vancouver, Washington. It sounds scrumptious and I can't wait to make it. Thanks for posting.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups finely diced cooked corned beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed, well drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes at 425°F for 45 minutes or until tender; cool.
- In a bowl, combine the corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, onions, garlic, horseradish and caraway.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out potatoes, leaving shells intact.
- Mash potatoes with cream cheese; stir into the corned beef mixture.
- Mound potato mixture into the shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Return to the oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.