Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light, January/February 1995.
Make and share this Reuben Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1182.95 ml baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 78.07 ml nonfat sour cream
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 946.36 ml green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml corned beef, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 59.14 ml thousand island dressing, nonfat
- 295.73 ml swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- Place potato in a saucepan; add water to cover, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- Combine potato, sour cream and the next 3 ingredients in a bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add the cabbage, corned beef, and caraway seeds, and saute for 4 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
- Remove from heat; stir in dressing.
- Set aside.
- Spread half of potato mixture in the bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with cabbage mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Spread remaining half of potato mixture over cheese, and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Can assemble the casserole up to 8 hours ahead of time; cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.