1 hr 15 mins
From Cooking Light, January/February 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corned beef, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup thousand island dressing, nonfat
- 1 1/4 cups swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 1Place potato in a saucepan; add water to cover, and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- 3Combine potato, sour cream and the next 3 ingredients in a bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- 6Add the cabbage, corned beef, and caraway seeds, and saute for 4 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in dressing.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Spread half of potato mixture in the bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with cabbage mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- 10Spread remaining half of potato mixture over cheese, and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- 11Sprinkle with paprika.
- 12Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden.
- 14Can assemble the casserole up to 8 hours ahead of time; cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Bake
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 356.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: