Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love reubens, so this was a treat for us. I make these often for our family gatherings or for the ball games.
- 1 cup rye crackers, crushed
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 16 ounces sauerkraut
- 12 ounces corned beef
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Drain sauerkraut very well, then chop fine.
- Add 1/4 of the rye cracker crumbs to cream cheese,onion sauerkraut and beef.
- Mix well.
- Shape into small balls.
- Dip balls into evaporated milk, then roll in remaining cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- May be served cold or hot.
Delicious! These are very easy to make. I was surprised at how tender and light they are. I followed the recipe exactly as written, made no substitutions. Most of these are now stashed in my freezer, it's great having frozen appetizers on hand for impromptu gatherings. The ones we did eat were very tasty with a dijon dip. Thank you for sharing this great recipe!
These were wonderful!! Very easy to make and everyone loved them!! I could not find rye cracker's at either of my local grocery stores so I used Town House multi grain crackers which were fine but I can't wait to make again using the rye crackers!! Thank You for a great recipe, I will be making these over & over again for get togethers!!