Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I think this is even better than a reuben sandwich, I bet you will probably eat the whole casserole by yourself! :)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Place the corned beef in the bottom on the casserole dish then dot all over with the dressing.
- Spread the sauerkraut over the top of the dressing then top with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the butter in a bowl then sprinkle evenly over the the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until bubbly.
- NOTE; if desired the rye bread topping can be doubled.
Pretty good casserole! A very easy way to make Ruebens quickly for the whole family! I loved the idea of this, but I found that the sauerkraut made it very watery even though I drained it before adding. I guess you really need to squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible! Also, I couldn't taste the Thousand Island dressing in it, so I guess that could be increased as well. I'll definitely be trying this again with said changes.
This hit the nail on the head! The flavor was awesome and I couldn't have asked for a better reuben casserole recipe! My husband LOVED it as reuben's are his favorite. To everyone reading this review.... every single recipe I have ever made from Kittencal has come out 100% perfect and delicious!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
I love reuben sandwiches, and this just did not do it for DH or myself. I would not make it again. I would make the sandwhiches instead. sorry.