Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I think this is even better than a reuben sandwich, I bet you will probably eat the whole casserole by yourself! :)
Top Review by the6-sranch
Pretty good casserole! A very easy way to make Ruebens quickly for the whole family! I loved the idea of this, but I found that the sauerkraut made it very watery even though I drained it before adding. I guess you really need to squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible! Also, I couldn't taste the Thousand Island dressing in it, so I guess that could be increased as well. I'll definitely be trying this again with said changes.
- 1⁄2-1 lb corned beef, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing (Kraft is best)
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 slices rye bread, crumbled into very small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Place the corned beef in the bottom on the casserole dish then dot all over with the dressing.
- Spread the sauerkraut over the top of the dressing then top with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the butter in a bowl then sprinkle evenly over the the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until bubbly.
- NOTE; if desired the rye bread topping can be doubled.