Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
SANDWICH. This is the way a Reuben is served at a locally famous pub in my area.
- 3 slices bread, of choice
- 4 ounces corned beef brisket, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sauerkraut, drained and squeezed
- 2 ounces swiss cheese
- Russian salad dressing, to taste
- As a cold sandwich :.
- On first slice of bread,place half the corned beef, then half the kraut and half the swiss.
- Top with Russian dressing "Russian Dressing" Recipe #211647 , cover with second slice of bread.
- Layer on the rest of the beef,kraut and swiss.
- Cover with third slice of bread.
- Secure with toothpicks, cut and serve.
- As a hot sandwich:.
- Preheat broiler to 425f.
- On a cookie sheet, lay out the three slices of bread.
- On the first slice, layer beef, kraut, and swiss.
- On the second slice, layer beef and kraut.
- On the third slice, place the rest of the cheese.
- Broil until cheese bubbles.
- Remove from oven with spatula.
- Top with Russian dressing "Recipe #211647" and assemble the layers.
- Secure with toothpick, cut and serve.
- **Recipe found in my recipes.
I made this for Recipezaar's, "Soups, Sandwiches, Salads and Starters - APRIL 2008 EVENT" Was delicious with Recipe #211647 and Recipe #183546. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Will make this again.
i can't believe i forgot to review this! this was a wonderful sandwich. Made it one day when my husband asked me to make tuna salad to make melts. he asks me for those melts practically once a week. felt like something different so i made this for me. made it as a hot sandwich and it was out of this world. thanks for posting.