Recipe by Stephen Shafer
This is a recipe that Loretta (my wife) came up with when she just wanted some rice.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Pretty much followed the recipe, EXCEPT that I substituted half a 6-oz can of tomato paste for the tomato bouillon! The garlic powder & celery salt gave it a nice touch! It was very simple to prepare & made for a tasty rice dish! [Made & reviewed in this Spring's PAC for one of my adopted chefs]
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons tomato bouillon with chicken flavor
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage or 1 teaspoon sage leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 drops chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart saucepan, add all ingredients except rice and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to combine.
- Lower heat, add rice and cover for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Uncover and cook to desired consistency.