Recipe by Stephen Shafer
This is an appetizer that I got out of Family Circle Magazine. My hubby loved it and ate it for dinner one day and finished it off for lunch the next
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Not your usual bean dip, that's for sure ~ This one is MAJOR! I used a mild chunky salsa & sharp cheddar cheese! It is easy to assemble & has a great taste! Also goes down well spread thick on a thick slice of whole wheat bread! Will keep this recipe around! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 (20 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I used Taco Bell)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Combine meat with taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Evenly spread beans in a 9" microwave safe dish.
- Spread meat on top of beans.
- Spread sour cream on top of meat.
- Pour salsa onto sour cream.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with black olives if desired.
- Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or long enough to melt cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.