Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ira Freehof, The Comfort Diner; a blast from the 80’s.
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 12 slices roasted turkey (thick slices)
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced in eighths
- 8 tomatoes, slices
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained of liquid
- 1⁄4 cup smooth deli-style prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients well; to store, cover tightly and keep in refrigerator, up to 3 weeks.
- Make the sandwich: place 2 slices of bread on a flat working surface; swipe 1 slices of bread with 2 tablespoons Honey Mustard Dressing.
- On the other slice of bread, place 3 slices turkey, followed by 2 slices Muenster and ¼ cup of alfalfa sprouts.
- Add ¼ cup carrots, 4 avocado slices, and 2 tomato slices.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, honey mustard side down; repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Oh So Good! Had bought a pre-roasted turkey breast for one of my students to make sandwiches with.....which I then made for him anyway! Found this recipe, had everything right at hand and the rest is history cause BOTH sandwiches were gone in a flash....leaving the two eaters crying for more! And...more there shall be....just wonderful!