Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My dad has fond memories of this 1950's syrup. It is delicious over pancakes and waffles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate (frozen, but slightly defrosted)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Blend in cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Add boiling water, stirring constantly util mixture thickens.
- Add orange concentrate.
- Serve warm with pancakes or waffles.
We loved this! Quick to whip up, pretty orange color, and very tasty. Served with Orange Buttermilk Pancakes but would be wonderful with any pancake or waffle. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Believe it or not, orange syrup tastes great over pancakes and waffles! Thank you for posting it, Roxygirl. I've been looking for a recipe like this. Easy to make, the texture is smooth and it's delicious served warm. My daughters were surprised how much they enjoyed it, but I wasn't.