Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A hearty, easy, meat and potatoes supper all baked into a pie! Serve with a salad or cole slaw and you're all set!
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, coarse chopped if preferred
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cansmanwich thick and chunky sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 pie crusts, sheets thawed (I just use Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large deep frying pan, add lean ground beef and sauté over medium heat breaking up as you go. When enough grease releases, add potatoes & onions. Sauté until meat is done and potatoes are lightly browned. Drain grease well.
- Stir in cans of Manwich and cheddar cheese. Set aside to cool.
- Line 9" pie plate with pie pastry. Fill prepared pie dish with cooled filling. Top with second pie sheet in any way desired. Tuck top edge under bottom edge and flute to seal. If not doing a lattice top, poke top several times with a knife to vent.
- Pop into 400 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35-40 minutes until crust is golden brown and pie is just starting to bubble. Let rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.