Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am not sure why this is called retro as it seems fairly modern to me. I do know it tastes delicious and is a great addition to a BBQ, patio lunch, picnic, etc... Needs to refrigerate overnight.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley, for ganish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (homemade or high quality commercial-brand)
- salt and fresh ground white pepper
- Prepare the macaroni according to the package directions; drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Transfer the pasta into a large serving bowl; add in the olive oil and vinegar; toss to coat, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add in the onion, bell peppers, and celery; stir to combine.
- To make the dressing: whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the macaroni mixture; toss gently to coat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or may refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsly right before serving.