Recipe by BecR
Another recipe sent to me by my aunt. From Party Time Ideas from Safeway, I believe the date was December of 1959. Enjoy!
Top Review by Mr Machine
This glaze is my new all time favorite. I put the cloves in before the brown shugar mixture though because I thought it would be easier. After putting the mixture on I was glad I did it that way.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- clove (whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- To glaze ham, remove from the oven one half hour before done. Pour off the drippings.
- With a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Cover the ham with a mixture made of brown sugar, mustard, and grated orange rind.
- Insert whole cloves in each diamond, and pour on orange juice.
- Return to oven and baste often for the remaining half hour.
- Remove from oven 15 minutes before serving to make carving easier.