1/6 Photos of Retro Firecracker Prawn Cocktail Shots! (Shrimp Cocktail Shots)
French Tart's Note:
The French LOVE serving "Amuse Gueule" (appetisers) in shot glasses! So, I thought I would concoct a special recipe to accompany our pre-dinner aperitifs this New Year! A retro 1960's starter that I believe still has a place when served for special meals and parties, and this is so simple; it's also a great idea for a large gathering, as the glasses are small enough to nibble from whilst you sip your drinks! I used Mache (Lamb's Lettuce) in these prawn cocktail shots in the photos - but a selection of any seasonal salad leaves would be fine. The Firecracker comes from the addition of tabasco, pink peppercorns and cayenne pepper in the seafood sauce - adjust the quantities to suit your own taste - we like it piquant! Salut!
My Private Note
Small P ...
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g peeled cooked prawns or 500 g shrimp
- 200 g good quality mayonnaise or 200 g homemade mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper
- assorted mixed salad green, such as lambs lettuce, mesclun, little gem lettuces
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- 1Calculate how many "shots" you are making, and reserve one prawn (preferably with tail on) for decoration.
- 2Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco in a bowl, season to taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- 3Take your shot glasses, or small water glasses and line with some mixed salad leaves or lettuce.
- 4Place about 5 prawns on top of the leaves/lettuce. The amount of prawns depends on what size they are.
- 5Spoon over your seafood sauce and lightly mix through the prawns.
- 6Sprinkle with the crushed pink peppercorns and cayenne pepper, and garnish with a prawn over the edge of the glass.
- 7A lemon wedge can be added as well - but I find it is fiddly to deal with whilst slurping cocktails, and the sauce should be lemony enough!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Retro Firecracker Prawn Cocktail Shots! (Shrimp Cocktail Shots)
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 396.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: