Recipe by Sherrie-pie
I remember the 70's when we stockpiled tins of concentrated chicken soup. (Or my mother did, anyway!) If you can remember this recipe, I suggest more sherry - in a glass at your elbow! This dish is still economical, easy and tasty 30 years later. Ask my kids!
- 675 g cooked chicken
- 675 g lightly blanched broccoli
- 400 g condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
For the topping
- 125 g grated cheese
- 125 g broken cheese biscuits
- 25 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cooked chicken and broccoli in a greased casserole dish.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, sherry, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Season and pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese and broken cheese biscuits, dot with butter and bake for 45 minutes at 180c/350f/gas4.
- Serve with rice or new potatoes.