This is great for teaching children about Easter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Read the whole recipe before beginning, try to do together Saturday night before Easter Sunday.
- 2Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3You need: Mixing bowl, Wooden spoon, Bible, Zipper baggie, Waxed paper, Cookie sheet, Tape.
- 4Place pecans in zipper baggie and let children beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces.
- 5Explain that after Jesus was arrested, He was beaten by the Roman soldiers.
- 6Read John 19:1-3.
- 7Let child smell the vinegar.
- 8Put 1 tsp into mixing bowl.
- 9Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross, He was given vinegar to drink.
- 10Read John 19:28-30.
- 11Add egg whites to the vinegar.
- 12Eggs represent life.
- 13Explain that Jesus gave His life to give us life.
- 14Read John 10:10-11.
- 15Sprinkle a little salt into each child's hand.
- 16Let them taste it and brush the rest into the bowl.
- 17Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus' followers, and the bitterness of our own sin.
- 18Read Luke 23:27.
- 19So far, the ingredients are not very appetizing.
- 20Add 1 cup sugar.
- 21Explain that the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us.
- 22He wants us to know and belong to Him.
- 23Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16.
- 24Beat with a mixer on high speed for 11-15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
- 25Explain that the color white represents the purity in God's eyes of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus.
- 26Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
- 27Fold in broken nuts.
- 28Drop by tsp onto waxed paper-covered cookie sheet.
- 29Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus' body was laid.
- 30Read Matt. 27:65-66.
- 31Put cookie sheet in the oven.
- 32Close the door and turn the oven OFF.
- 33Give each child a piece of tape and seal the oven door.
- 34Explain that Jesus' tomb was sealed.
- 35Read Matt. 27:65-66.
- 36Go to Bed!
- 37Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight.
- 38Jesus' followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed.
- 39Read John 16:20 and 22.
- 40On Resurrection Morning open the oven and give everyone a cookie!
- 41Notice the cracked surface and take a bite.
- 42The cookies are hollow!
- 43On the first Resurrection Day, Jesus' followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty.
- 44Read Matt. 28:1-9.
- 45HE HAS RISEN!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Resurrection Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g