Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my mother-in-law's best recipes
- 6 large baking potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 lb lean bacon, cut into pieces, fried
- 3 cups ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Rub potato skins with oil, bake at 400°F for 1 hour or until done.
- Let cool to the touch.
- Slice skin away from top of each potato.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Slightly mash up pulp, keeping it chunky.
- Stir in bacon, ranch dressing, Worcestershire, garlic, pepper, chives and 3/4 of cheese.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells.
- Top with remaining cheese and dab of butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Tasty potatoes! I made these to go along with Baked Parmesan Halibut and it was a good combo. I halved the recipe and decreased the amounts of the ingredients quite a bit. I used only 2 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled and used about a third of a cup of ranch dressing just thinking even for a half batch 1 1/2 cups would be way too much for our tastes, ranch being so strong to begin with. I decreased the amount of cheese as well because I used a sharp cheddar and maybe used a quarter cup was all, plus a little extra for the topping before baking. This is an easy recipe to follow and I did use all the ingredients as written except for the extra butter on top and scaling back the amounts as a pesonal preference. Thanks for sharing your recipe :) Made for PAC Spring 09