Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
The best and easiest blue cheese dressing out of all the restaurants I have worked! We make it with Maytag Blue Cheese. The quality of the dressing is directly proportional to the flavor of the blue cheese. Try Sam's club for large amounts of blue cheese like Maytag, at a good price for the home cook.
Top Review by Jezski
Absolutely delicious. I have tried quite a number of blue cheese type dressings; this is the best by far. I think my search is over. I did use gorgonzola instead of blue because: #1, I prefer that, and #2, that's all I had! Thanks so much for posting! Janet
- 2 cups blue cheese, crumbled (I prefer maytag)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- On very low heat, cook garlic in butter, until soft and fragrant.
- Add 1/2 of the blue cheese and melt.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, including the 2nd half of the blue cheese in a large bowl and whisk.
- Chill and serve. Magical!