Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best and easiest blue cheese dressing out of all the restaurants I have worked! We make it with Maytag Blue Cheese. The quality of the dressing is directly proportional to the flavor of the blue cheese. Try Sam's club for large amounts of blue cheese like Maytag, at a good price for the home cook.
- 2 cups blue cheese, crumbled (I prefer maytag)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- On very low heat, cook garlic in butter, until soft and fragrant.
- Add 1/2 of the blue cheese and melt.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, including the 2nd half of the blue cheese in a large bowl and whisk.
- Chill and serve. Magical!
Absolutely delicious. I have tried quite a number of blue cheese type dressings; this is the best by far. I think my search is over. I did use gorgonzola instead of blue because: #1, I prefer that, and #2, that's all I had! Thanks so much for posting! Janet
I tried a recipe for a dressing with melted blue cheese years ago and unfortunately, did not save the recipe. I have been looking for it forever and here it is! It is as delicious as I remembered.
Magic! Thick and spoon licking delicious!