Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My fellow veggies, I found this recipe online and saved it immediately. It is always nice to experiment with home-made tofu creations! I have not tried this yet, but am sure I will soon. This recipe is said to have come from a restaurant, and a favorite 8) So hopefully you will enjoy it!
- 1 (125 g) package firm tofu
- 1 (1000 g) package firm tofu
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 minced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- Process 125g piece of tofu in a food processor until smooth.
- Grate remaining tofu. Combine all tofu with remaining ingredients.
- If needed, you may add more bread crumbs to make the mixture firm enough to shape.
- Shape into patties.
- Place in lightly oiled skillet and brown on both sides.
- Serve burgers with horseradish mayonnaise.
I am alway eager to try new vegan recipes as I have 2 in my family.I thought it was OK but my kids didn't like it.