Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Top Secret Recipes cookbook says this is a versatile, fresh recipe for restaurant drinks that require sweet & sour mix. It's so good you'll want to drink it straight.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Combine the hot water with the sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add lime juice and lemon juice and food coloring.
This was GREAT... it worked perfect for my Long Island Iced Tea :-) Thanks for sharing
I never bought sweet & sour mix and was glad to find this recipe. It tastes great like this. I used it in this margarita : recipe#235628 Thanks Marguerite :) Edited on June 15th : I tried it with cold water and splenda and it is perfectly the same and less calories.
Love this sweet& sour mix not to sweet , not to sour!!