Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Recipe Secrets.net written by jslate6228 who owns a sub shop and puts these on his 'grinders' I haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking the cream sherry might give it an extra special taste. The servings are approximate as well as the time! Let me know what the times are if you make it before me! Enjoy!
- 36 ounces canned mushroom slices, reserve 1 1/2 cup juice (good quality)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 whole shallots, minced
- 3 (30 ounce) canscampbells beef consomme
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream sherry
- 2 teaspoons white pepper or 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Saute butter, mushrooms and shallots over medium high heat until mushrooms start to darken, about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- These mushrooms have depth and excellent beefy flavor. You can use chicken broth as a substitute and use these for chicken. This can be halved to make less for home use.