Recipe by AmyZoe
I must say I was skeptical of making salsa with other than fresh tomatoes, but i was pleasantly surprised. Like Pioneer Woman, I also don't like most of the store-bought salsa because of the vinegar flavor. I used diced tomatoes instead of whole and a lot more cilantro, but the recipe is posted as written. Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Food From My Frontier.
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes (in juice)
- 20 rotel
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- lime, half and juiced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a food processor or blender, add the whole tomatoes with their juice, the Rotel, and the onion.
- Quarter the jalapeno lengthwise, then slice it thinly.
- Add the jalapeno and garlic to the mix.
- Next, add the sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Pulse several times until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Serve with chips.