Recipe by Groony1
You sit down at a Mexican restaurant and they bring you a bowl of chips and salsa. You have one chip, dip it, but can't stop there. You continue until all the chips and salsa are gone and ask for more. This is that salsa. It is great on any dish from tacos to scrambled eggs. Adjust the amount of jalapeno peppers and salt to suite your own palate. With the two Jalapenos, this version is spicy.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan roast with, no oil, the unpeeled garlic cloves and jalapeno peppers on medium-high until skins are darkened on all sides. About 5 minutes for the jalapenos and 8-10 minutes for the garlic.
- Peel garlic and add to food processor with jalapeno and onion. Process until ingredients are finely minced. (de-seeding the jalapenos or only using one will result in a medium heat salsa).
- Add all remaining ingredients (tomatoes, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, and salt) and process until smooth.
- Cool for one hour in refrigerator prior to serving.