Recipe by southern_gal12000
I have never been satisfied with store bought or ranch dressing recipes. This one is thick, fresh tasting and doesn't have that "mayonnaise" flavor. Tastes very similar to that dressing from that famed "aussie" steak restaurant if you add paprika and cayenne to it. This is my own recipe and I had a party and served it with fresh veggies and it got rave reviews. Hope you like it.
Top Review by RhondaW1
Loved this! I've been searching for a good ranch dressing recipe forever! I avoid MSG so instead of the Hidden Valley mix, I used Simply Organic. I don't like the dressing made according to the Simply Organic package directions, but I loved this variation! I also used closer to a tablespoon of the dressing mix.
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (add more for thicker dressing or dip)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- cayenne (optional)
- season salt (optional)