Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
I worked at Ruby Tuesdays for many years and this is how they made em'. Great Football food or snack with a movie. I always have to make more when I make them for Football parties because they are gobbled up quickly.
- 8 potatoes
- 314.66 ml vegetable oil
- 311.84 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 44.37 ml bacon bits (I use the Hormel kind in a jar)
- 453.59 g sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on high until they are soft; approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until 1/4 inch of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Place the potatoes in hot oil, fry for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits and sprinkle with green onions. Arrange them in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream.
This was awesome. I used baby potatoes(boiled) and then I flattened them a bit and fried them, and followed the rest of your recipe.
I dont think there are enough words to describe how AMAZING These are! These are the real Deal! They almost remind me of TGI Fridays potato skins! OMG! Perfect as written no need to change anything! Make these you wont be sorry! Oh I did use regular bacon never measured :)
Just awesome. These skins were spot on restaurant quality. I have made potato skins before but they were nothing like this! Absolutely the best recipe for excellent potato skins! I will make them again and again. Thanks for the recipe!