Recipe by Little Bee
I worked at Ruby Tuesdays for many years and this is how they made em'. Great Football food or snack with a movie. I always have to make more when I make them for Football parties because they are gobbled up quickly.
- 8 potatoes
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- 11 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits (I use the Hormel kind in a jar)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on high until they are soft; approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until 1/4 inch of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Place the potatoes in hot oil, fry for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits and sprinkle with green onions. Arrange them in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream.